Through our continued focus on research and innovation, PST Sport is at the forefront of synthetic grass field surface technology. Our synthetic grass pitches are independently tested and fully certified to meet the requirements of sports leading governing bodies and guaranteed to deliver exceptional performance and give extended usage in all weathers.
PST Sport’s synthetic grass pitches consist of superior quality synthetic grass carpet installed onto an engineered sub base or dynamic stone base. A shock pad is often installed underneath the carpet subject to our client’s budget. Shock pads cushion players’ joints and reduce impact and risk of injury. The turf is then infilled with sand only or with rubber and sand depending on the individual project. This results in an extremely durable, realistic looking playing surface that replicates the best natural grass pitches.
The pile height of the carpet will depend on what sport will be played on the pitch – our expert team will be happy to advise.
No. 1 choice for synthetic grass pitch installation
If your club or school has decided to upgrade the facilities and install a synthetic grass pitch, you have come to the right place. There are a number of aspects that need to be considered however our team of experts will be more than happy to guide you through every step of the way.
- Pitch size – the first thing to decide is the size of the pitch you are looking to install. For some clients it comes down to making the most of the space available while for others there are budgetary constraints.
- Will there be competitive matches played on your pitch? If your facility is to be used for competitive matches then the pitch size will have to meet certain criteria. These dimensions depend on the sport being played. If you are not playing competitive matches then your synthetic grass pitch can be significantly smaller.
- The size of the site you have to install on – if you have a site earmarked to install your facility on then your pitch dimensions will need to fit within this area as well as choosing a size that best utilises this space.
- Your budget – if the size of the pitch depends solely on budget and you are unsure of costs then simply contact us – T: (066) 717 1918 or click CONTACT US to get in touch via the website. We can send you a few budgetary quotations with different sizes that will give you a good feel for what is involved. Our team of experts will be more that happy to advise you on what might be best for your project.
What option is best for you?
There are a few simple questions to think about before selecting your sports surface:
- The number of hours of daily play on the synthetic grass.
- What sports do you wish to play on the synthetic turf sport surface?
- What level of playing performance is required?
- Does the surface need to self-finance itself through rental?
- Is a shock-pad necessary under the playing surface?
- Is there a requirement to achieve a certification for your playing surface?
Check out some of our synthetic grass pitch installations below.