LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY?
Behind every successful business is a great team, and PST Sport’s people and our relationships with our clients are the essence of how we deliver first class, cost effective construction services for synthetic grass pitch installations across Ireland and the UK. PST Sport has been established for over 12 years and with ambitious growth plans, we are now seeking to expand our team and are currently recruiting for the following positions.
Closing Date: Friday 9th of August 2019
The Quantity Surveyor/Estimator will be responsible for producing detailed and competitive tenders within the allocated deadline. Other responsibilities include the measurement of tender drawings, reviewing specifications and issuing RFIs. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in all estimating functions, in addition to a strong commercial awareness and the ability to deal with tenders from start to finish.
- Preparation and negotiation of tender submissions.
- Measuring and Quantity Take-Off from drawings.
- Producing Bills of Quantities.
- Sourcing pre-project information.
- Visit site and record information about access, ground conditions, existing services etc.
- Analysing sub-contractor quotations and checking inclusions and exclusions.
- Produce Tender Reports.
- Ensure tenders are delivered to the appropriate place on time.
- Attend pre and post tender interviews, client meetings etc.
- Liaising and reporting to Senior Management in relation to on-going project submissions.
- Attend regular pipeline meetings to review current tender submission requirements and communicate effectively to keep management up-to-date on project submission status whilst also tracking and resolving issues.
- Keep abreast of various changes in industry and competitive environment in which the company operates.
- Maintain good relationships with prospective clients and professionals to promote further tender invitations.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Qualification in Estimating or Quantity Surveying essential.
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in the construction industry – experience in Groundworks and Utilities would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of construction methods, specifications and the ability to read, understand and measure drawings.
- Display high capability of extracting quantities from drawings and ensure that accurate pricing is delivered within specified time frames.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- A strong command of the English language and good written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
- Self-starter with the ability to organise the workday around assigned activities and priorities with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team.
Interested applicants should send their CV to hr@PSTsport.com before 5PM on Friday August 16th, 2019.