POSITION: PROJECT ENGINEER (CONSTRUCTION)
Location: Leinster Region
Due to our continued growth and expansion, we are seeking an experienced Project Engineer to manage a portfolio of construction projects in the Leinster region. As Project Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring the timely and costly completion of each project by overseeing all phases of the project to deliver the highest quality artificial grass pitch.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, committed to Quality, Health and Safety, with sound experience in logistics, resource planning and co-ordination. Effective problem-solving skills and the ability to think ahead are essential combined with a natural aptitude to work and think creatively under pressure. Excellent communication and leadership skills and some basic IT skills are required for the role.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate who is ambitious, career focused and wants to grow in a successful company. PST Sport offers competitive salaries, continuous professional development and the ability to progress your career with a world-class construction company.
*Groundworks Experience Essential*
- Oversee initial Site Set Ups;
- Site Set Out and taking levels;
- Provide advice and resolve creatively any emerging problems/site issues;
- Managing Subcontractors and Direct staff in conjunction with PST Sport’s other Project Manager;
- Planning upcoming works effectively with Company HQ Operations Manager on a daily, weekly basis;
Procurement plant & materials: ordering plant and materials and managing the logistics of deliveries and plant hire;
- Ensure the Company Quality, Health & Safety Standards are met on site at all times;
- Attending site meetings;
- Carrying out site surveys prior to contract signing;
- Ensuring the programme is met and notifying each project team and client of any delays;
- Managing multiple projects at any given time at different stages of construction;
- Ensuring the budget is met in conjunction with the Quantity Surveying Team;
- Variation Management: highlighting any variations to contract to QS Team in a timely manner to prepare contract variations;
- Monitor progress and compile weekly project status reports for the project team and Client;
- Communicating effectively with Clients and their representatives on a daily, weekly basis;
- Handing over projects defect free.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to manage site personnel and maintain a positive and safe work environments;
- Excellent communication skills and be comfortable using a Sharepoint system to access project information and a company customer relationship management (CRM);
- Great organisational skills to ensure multiple projects are completed on time and on budget;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Problem-solving skills for devising solutions to site challenges, such as weather delaying construction;
- Full clean drivers licence.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please forward your CV to hr@PSTsport.com