Job Title: Groundworks Estimator
Tralee, Co. Kerry, Ireland
12th January 2018
Salary: Competitive rate based on experience.
Behind every great business, is a great team, and our people and our relationships with our clients are the essence of how we deliver first class, cost effective construction services for Synthetic Grass Pitch Installations across Ireland and the UK. PST Sport have been established for over 12 years and with ambitious growth plans, we are now seeking to enhance our team with an experienced Estimator who will play an integral part to the success of our journey.
The Surveyor/Estimator will be responsible for producing detailed and competitive tenders within the allocated deadline. Other responsibilities include the measurement of tender drawings, reviewing specifications and issuing RFIs. Ideally the estimator will have a proven track record in all estimating functions, in addition to a strong commercial awareness and the ability to deal with tenders from start to finish.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation and negotiation of tenders submissions.
- Measuring and Quantity Take-Off from drawings.
- Producing Bills of Quantities.
- Sourcing pre-project information.
- Visit site and record information about access, ground conditions, existing services etc.
- Analysing sub-contractor quotations and checking inclusions and exclusions.
- Produce Tender report.
- Ensure tender is delivered to the appropriate place on time.
- Attend pre and post tender interviews, client meetings.
- Liaising and reporting to Senior Management in relation to on-going projects submissions.
- Attend regular pipeline meetings to review current tender submission requirements and communicate effectively to keep management up-to-date on project submission status whilst also tracking and resolving issues.
- Keeps abreast of various changes in industry and competitive environment in which the company operates.
- Maintain good relationships with prospective clients and professionals to promote further tender invitations.
- Perform Other Duties and Projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience Required:
- A qualification in Estimating or Quantity Surveying is a requirement.
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in the construction industry – Experience in Groundworks and Utilities would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of construction methods, specifications and the ability to read, understand and measure drawings.
- Display high capability of extracting quantities from drawings and ensure that accurate pricing is delivered within specified time frames.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office, Dropbox etc.
- A strong command of the English language and good written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
- Self-starter and ability to organise the workday around assigned activities and priorities with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team.
To apply for this position, please forward your CV to hr@PSTsport.com
Please include salary expectations with your response